No matter how healthy your life or how well you take care of your body, the ill effects of aging are inevitable. When you don’t like to acknowledge your aging, though, finding a wrinkle cream may be just what you need to make sure your skin isn’t giving you unpleasant reminders when you look in the mirror each day. Finding the right cream for you may be difficult, but it isn’t impossible. While it may take time for discover what works best for you, our list will give you a few suggestions that could shorten the time you spend on the hunt.
We reviewed dozens of wrinkle creams to identify the best of the best. We found the creams that you can put on morning, noon, and night as well as those that will work best for nightly use. We found the creams that will show a drastic improvement fast and those that will protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays with SPF. No matter what you need in a wrinkle cream, we have the right choice for you on our list below.
During our research, we identified Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Miracle Cream for Face as the obvious choice for best overall wrinkle cream. With a plethora of wrinkle fighting ingredients that will make your skin fresh and youthful as if you were in your twenties, this cream may just have what it takes to give you back confidence in your skin.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Wrinkle Creams
|Best Overall Wrinkle Cream||Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Miracle Cream for Face||4.0|
|Best Wrinkle Cream for Face and Neck||TruSkin Naturals BEST Vitamin C Moisturizer Cream||4.3|
|Best Budget Wrinkle Cream||Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream||4.5|
|Best Night Wrinkle Cream||InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging Night Face Cream||4.4|
|Best Wrinkle Cream with SPF||Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer with SPF 15||4.5|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Overall Wrinkle Cream: Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Miracle Cream for Face
The Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Miracle Cream for Face has several ingredients that will attack your wrinkles, and plenty to moisturize your skin to work towards preventing them, too. The 2.5% retinol formula will stimulate your skin’s collagen production and the vitamin E, aloe vera, green tea, jojoba oil, and shea butter will all work to give your skin a deep conditioning that will hydrate and replenish your skin and give it a youthful glow.
As an added bonus, there’s also a good chance that the resurgence in pubescent level acne caused by the hormone craziness occurring while you age will also be mitigated by this cream. In fact, even if you’ve suffered no resurgence, but have scarring, this cream may reduce the appearance of those acne scars. For an overall boost in your confidence in your skin, this cream may be just the ticket.
There are well over 5,000 customer reviews for this wrinkle cream on Amazon and with an overall rating of 4.0 stars, there’s plenty to suggest you’ll be satisfied with this cream for both ridding you of your existing wrinkles and preventing others from developing.
Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Miracle Cream for Face Key Features:
- Works best in conjunction with a Vitamin C serum
- 1.7 oz
- Includes retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and green tea
Best Wrinkle Cream for Face and Neck: TruSkin Naturals BEST Vitamin C Moisturizer Cream
The TruSkin Naturals BEST Vitamin C Moisturizer Cream is an excellent wrinkle cream for you, no matter where on your neck, face, or decollete you apply it, or how often. You can use this cream as often as you feel it’s needed and, as the instructions state, you can use it daily, morning, night and under your makeup. Considering this one cream is able to provide you the intense hydration your neck and decollete need, while still maintaining a gentleness that’s appropriate for your face, this is a cream you can’t overlook.
This will not only help with the wrinkles on your face, but also with any dark spots or sun spots and for those of us with fair skin who struggle with sun damage, this is a bit bonus. It has a significant amount of vitamin C for protection from the sun’s damage, along with vitamin B, green tea and jojoba oil to boost your skin’s optimal hydration levels. This is an excellent wrinkle prevention cream that just may very well reverse some of the appearances of those fine wrinkles as well.
Well over 2,500 people have felt strongly enough about this wrinkle cream to come back to give it their review on Amazon and with an overall rating of 4.3 stars, that’s all the more impressive.
TruSkin Naturals BEST Vitamin C Moisturizer Cream Key Features:
- 3 size options
- Vegan formula
- Paraben, corn, soy and cruelty-free
Best Budget Wrinkle Cream: Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream
The Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream is an excellent wrinkle cream to protect your skin from damage and dehydration by supplementing your natural coenzyme Q10 with additional supplies, making your skin retain the moisture you provide all the more easily. And when you’re applying this wrinkle cream with enriching vitamin E, beta-carotene and biotin, you’re sure to keep your skin hydrated and better able to withstand its daily damage.
With the combination of this cream’s ingredients, you can take full advantage of its powerful antioxidant complex. After five weeks of regular application, you can expect to see your wrinkles smoothing and becoming less obvious.
With an overall rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon, you may be pleasantly surprised to find that the rating comes from around 1,500 customer reviews. That’s enough people to build credibility to be sure, but the real selling point for this wrinkle cream is that you can pick it up for around $8!
Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream Key Features:
- Use for morning and evening
- 2 size options
- Fragrance and alcohol-free
Best Night Wrinkle Cream: InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging Night Face Cream
After applying it, the InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging Night Face Cream will firm up your skin all through the night. You’ll apply to cleansed skin each night before bed and allow your wrinkle cream to hydrate your skin with the high quality and efficient potency of hyaluronic acid, green tea, vitamin C, and safflower seed oil. Nightly application is effective to show results quickly, but the retinol is gently enough for even first time retinol users.
The anti-aging cream will brighten your skin and allow your natural glow to shine through evenly toned skin. You’ll eliminate redness and, yes, the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles. The more hydrated this cream makes your skin, the less damage that will be caused as you age, so this makes a perfect reversal and preventative anti-wrinkle cream.
Literally thousands of customer reviews on Amazon have given this wrinkle cream an overall rating of 4.4 stars, making it an excellent option for your nightly skin care routine. In fact, a quick perusal of those 2,500+ customer reviews will very likely have you convinced on the effective power of this cream.
InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging Night Face Cream Key Features:
- Includes vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, safflower deed oil, and green tea extract
- No mineral oil, formaldehyde releasers, synthetic dyes, petroleum, parabens or unsafe preservatives
- 3.4 fl oz
Best Wrinkle Cream with SPF: Olay Face Moisturizer with SPF 30
With Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer with SPF 15, you’ll be able to protect your skin from harmful UV rays while also ensuring you’re hydrating your skin just as you should for a genuine rejuvenation. The SPF will ensure that your skin doesn’t suffer worsening wrinkles by protecting it from the sun’s harsh rays, but it will also give a healthy dose of vitamin C that will minimize the damage to your skin, should any of those UV rays penetrate the SPF.
This anti-aging moisturizer promises to be seven creams in one; giving benefits that you’ll struggle to find in any other single cream. It will replenish your skin’s moisture, even your skin tones, enhance the brightness of your skin, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, minimize the look of your pores, and restore firmness of your skin. Olay’s Total Effects is also available in night cream, eye cream, and other formulations.
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer with SPF 15 Key Features:
- Available without SPF, as well
- 2 SPF strength options
- Non-greasy formula
Who Should Buy a Wrinkle Creams
For those of us who want to turn back time a bit, a wrinkle cream will help our face and necks with that task. – Or at least to make it look like we’ve turned back time. The most common motivation behind picking up a good wrinkle cream is to restore your skin to its former glory. It isn’t realistic to expect miracles with your wrinkle cream – at 65, you days of passing as a 21 year old are probably long past. You can, however, smooth some of those wrinkles and regain a more vibrant skin with more elasticity. That, in and of itself, may take a while, but over time you’ll see the difference of an effective wrinkle cream.
The next most common reasoning for a wrinkle cream is preventative. If you are concerned about what will happen to your skin if you don’t take care of it – you should be! Without proper care, and even sometimes with, wrinkles are a fact of life. If you’ve taken the time to plan ahead, then even as a young person, you’re moisturizing your skin and build up its elasticity. You can preserve what you’d like to preserve far easier than reversing the clock, so picking up a good anti-wrinkle cream is an excellent idea for maintaining a youthful appearance, as well. Your skin won’t be able to deplete its elasticity if you continue to provide it with supplemental boosts, and you will at the very least, be able to slow the progression of your wrinkles over time.
Important Features to Consider
A wrinkle cream should have a few important features. Here’s what to consider when selecting a wrinkle cream for your skin:
- Day or night or both? In the directions of your wrinkle cream, you’ll be instructed to apply daily, nightly or multiple times each day. Those that require both will be the lightest, most effortless in their wear. You’ll probably never even notice they’re on your face and you’ll have no complaints reapplying when the time comes. A day cream, however, will be a bit heavier in order to withstand the wear of all day. Often it will come with more protection than hydration and that can come in the form of an SPF protection from the sun. These are the most effective at preventative care, keeping wrinkles at bay as you age. You may feel a bit of tightening on your skin when you wear this type of cream but nothing uncomfortable and certainly no tingling. A night cream, however, will be the strongest potency. You’ll often feel a tightening on your face and over time, the tightening lasts all through the day, too.
- Collagen. Collagen is the protein that binds your body’s cells together. As you age, your body produces less collagen and as such, the bonds in your skin (along with bones and joints) will begin to weaken. For skin, that means it will wrinkle and sag, for bones they’ll be easier to break and joints will tire more quickly. If you’re incorporating collagen into your wrinkle cream, then you may see some fast acting effects. Word of caution, however: they may not be long-lasting without constant application. It isn’t as if the collagen disappears, but, though it will help tighten your skin, it doesn’t actually stimulate collagen growth within your skin. That is, it will not replenish or boost your collagen production – if you find a cream that makes that claim, it’s not a substantiated one. Collagen is comprised of molecules that are physically too large to cross your skin’s barrier. It is, however, an incredible effective moisturizer and that will be the part of anti-wrinkle care that is most effective. (Tip: You can ingest collagen and have more effective results, if you’re interested in combining a supplement with your skin care regiment to delay the signs of aging.)
- Vitamin C. If you’re interested in producing more collagen, you should actually start with Vitamin C. This vitamin has powerful antioxidant properties that make it crucial in collagen synthesis. You can acquire it through diet, but the faster method to make sure that your skin is the area of your body receiving the immediate benefits is to apply it topically. In addition to the collagen stimulation, Vitamin C will also give your skin some protection from the potential damage of UV rays. It is not a sunscreen, because it won’t absorb the light but it can help speed the transport of protective proteins to strengthen your epidermis and minimize the damage of the UV rays.
- Retinol. Retinol is often called Vitamin A, but in fact it’s actually made from Vitamin A. Like Vitamin C, retinol will help your skin boost its collagen production. In fact, a stronger version of this vitamin, tretinoin, is what dermatologists will prescribe for all kinds of skin concerns from wrinkles to acne, so you may very well have had experience with this type of anti-wrinkle cream even when you were in your teens, but for your acne. A stronger potency of retinol may dry your skin out, so it’s best used in conjunction an efficiently hydrating cream – that’s why you’ll often see it combined with other ingredients that will nourish and moisturize your skin.
- Hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring in your body but as you age, the production slows. (Much like collagen.) Hyaluronic acid will bind water into your skin to retain moisture. Retaining more moisture will add to your skin’s elasticity and reduce wrinkles, so finding a wrinkle cream with this ingredient will go a long way towards maintaining or regaining supple skin. It can also even your skin’s patchy tone and even help with dermatitis, should you struggle with any of those concerns, as well. In fact, other than just the skin and wrinkle benefits, it could also help your body heal faster, ease joint pain, relieve acid reflux, cure dry eyes, and even prevent bladder pains. Your body is meant to be hydrated and the presence of hyaluronic acid will help ensure a proper hydration at all times.
- Coenzyme Q10. Often shortened to “CoQ10,” this is a powerful antioxidant that is a naturally occurring enzyme within your body. It protects cells from damage and when used topically, it can help reduce sun damage, as well as improve skin hydration. It will also go a long ways towards evening our skin tone, as well. Keeping your skin hydrated and protecting it from sun damage will go a long way towards preventing wrinkles, but it may not be the reversal of time you’d like; if that’s the case, keep in mind it works excellent with retinol and collagen stimulant vitamins.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a wrinkle cream and how does it work?
A wrinkle cream is any cream that you’ll apply to your skin to either smooth wrinkles or prevent them. Predominately, you’ll find these creams for your face and neck, but you can find some that will tighten your skin, no matter where you put it. The biggest hurdle when maintaining youthful skin is keeping it properly hydrated and that will be the biggest goal of most wrinkle creams. To that end, you’ll see a lot of ingredients in the cream that boost hydration; hyaluronic acid, green tea, jojoba oil. Additionally, you’ll find a little something extra that will help, as well. For example, Retinol or a vitamin A will help stimulate collagen production. Collagen itself is often included but, because it cannot be absorbed topically, it will not offer a permanent or building effect. (It can tighten your skin temporarily, if that holds your interest, though.) Vitamin C will often be included and frequently in conjunction with an SPF because both will do an excellent job of protecting and minimizing the damage caused by the sun. If an ingredient can hydrate your skin without damaging it, then there is a good chance there is a product out there with that ingredient in it.
(Note: If you are using a “tightening” cream, be sure to check before putting it on your neck – while it’s likely not a concern, some more intense tighteners give implicit instructions not to apply to neck, especially before sleep to avoid the risk of aspirating.)
Is coconut oil good for wrinkles?
Anything that boosts the moisture in your skin will help wrinkles. Coconut oil has the added benefit of also stimulating your skin’s production of collagen which will amplify your skin’s elasticity and potentially firm your skin back up. The best part is that it’s incredibly inexpensive when compared to the retail cost of most anti-wrinkle creams. And it’s natural, to boot, making it all the more appealing! You can combine it with other products to make it more effective, too. For example, using apple cider vinegar will balance your skin’s pH levels and if you apply it prior to the coconut oil, you’ll be giving the coconut oil a better chance of success. Combining coconut oil and castor oil will give your skin a deep moisturizing and eliminate inflammation as well as provide antioxidants for your aging skin.
A word of caution: don’t expect fast results when you’re using the coconut oil exclusively; particularly if you’re using it for elimination of wrinkles. You’ll be best off using it as a substitute for preventative wrinkle creams rather than starting to apply it at age 60+ and hoping for miracles over night.
Can you massage away forehead wrinkles?
We hesitate to make the claim that you can massage away wrinkles, but you certainly can help with this method. You can stimulate blood flow to your face and neck to expedite the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to a specific area. Because wrinkles are typically formed when your skin isn’t producing enough of these things while also decreasing in its collagen production, that can slow down the wrinkling process, to be sure. It won’t perform miracles, however, and you may find that it will be most effective when you massage with an ultra-hydrating wrinkle cream. If you perform the massage while applying your lotion you’ll see results faster than just applying without a proper massage method; and similarly, you’ll see results faster with massaging with a wrinkle cream than without. Massage can help you rid your skin of wrinkles, but it’s best when used in conjunction with an effective wrinkle cream.
What home remedies get rid of wrinkles?
Getting rid of wrinkles is hard, there’s no way around that. You can prevent wrinkles far easier than eliminating the ones that have already shown up, so we can’t expect miracles with anything, much less home remedies. However, wrinkle creams can certainly prove a shock to your wallet, so supplementing with another tool may be an excellent option for you. The bulk of home remedies for wrinkles revolve around proper hydration of your skin. For that reason, most anything that will provide ultra-moisturizing effects is worth considering. Besides the above mentioned home remedies of massage and coconut oil, you may want to look towards the kitchen. Olive oil has been known to smooth those wrinkles and so has castor oil. Green tea will give your body the antioxidants to fight off damage to your skin and so will ginger. A banana has been known to boost your collagen production and lemon juice will help you shed the surface layer of dead skin on your face. Aloe, avocado, and cucumber all have the vitamins that will help keep your skin hydrated and supple. (And in case you were wondering, these foods are good for the same reasons if you ingest them, as well.) A healthy diet will go a long ways for wrinkle prevention and reversal.
It may be worth the note that there are no easy answers to what will absolutely, positively fix wrinkles at home for everyone. If there were, there would be absolutely no hiding it from the world. You can probably prevent plenty of wrinkles by properly hydrating and through a good diet, but reversing the appearance of wrinkles on your face and neck will likely take something a bit more intense and specific in its design.
Other Wrinkle Creams We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other wrinkle creams. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best wrinkle creams list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your skin. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
- Day or Night Wrinkle Creams
- Wrinkle Creams with SPF
- Wrinkle Creams for Night
Day or Night Wrinkle Creams
This anti-wrinkle cream will turn back the hands of time and smooth your wrinkles with multiple applications each day.
- 1.7 fl oz
- 2.5% Retinol
- Includes vitamin E, B, jojoba oil and green tea
Applying this cream as often as you want every day will reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates collagen production with retinol
- Includes shea butter, vitamins B5 and E, jojoba oil and green tea
- 1.7 fl oz
This cream is certified hypoallergenic to make sure that even those of us with sensitive skin can still reap the benefits of an effective wrinkle cream.
- Wrinkle filler and pore minimizer
- 3.5 oz
- Vegan formula
With this collagen, anti-aging cream you’ll see results in as little as four weeks of use.
- Apply twice daily
- Non-greasy formula
- 2 size options
As part of a skin care, anti-wrinkle collection, Neutrogena has created a serum as well as both a night and day wrinkle cream to make your skin glow.
- Use once daily
- Includes vitamin A and retinol
- 1 fl oz
This anti-aging wrinkle cream will also go a long way towards more evenly toned skin with decreased visibility of acne scarring.
- 2 size options
- Includes green tea, jojoba oil, shea butter, vitamins E and B5, and propolis
- Made in USA
This wrinkle cream will shrink your pores, making your skin smoother and less likely to absorb toxins that can lead to damage and additional wrinkling.
- 1.7 fl oz
- 2.5% retinol
- Includes hyaluronic acid, vitamins E and B5, aloe, and tea tree
With ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamins E, and B5, as well as jojoba oil, and green tea, there’s every reason to believe this anti-wrinkle cream will keep your skin soft, supple, and firm.
- 2.5% retinol
- 1.7 fl oz
- 100% money back guarantee
You’ll love that you can use this wrinkle cream on the part of your body that’s visible but rarely marketed towards: your neck.
- Natural and organic anti-aging ingredients
- 1 fl oz
- Includes vitamin C and peptides to support collagen production
Wrinkle Creams with SPF
This wrinkle cream features SPF in a lightweight formula that won’t feel heavy or greasy after application.
- 1.7 fl oz
- SPF 30
- Includes hyaluronic acid for ultimate hydration
This wrinkle cream contains SPF to protect your skin from further damage and retinol to reverse the appearance of skin wrinkling.
- Non-greasy lightweight formula
- SPF 25
- 2.5 fl oz
This cream is a triple threat; improving the look of wrinkles, uneven tones, and your skin’s firmness.
- SPF 25
- 1.7 fl oz
- Includes vitamin C
By applying this wrinkle cream daily, you’ll be diminishing the appearance of the wrinkles you have and protecting your skin from further damage.
- 1 fl oz
- SPF 30
- Includes retinol and vitamin E
Wrinkle Creams for Night
This moisturizing wrinkle cream is applied nightly to keep your skin intensely hydrated.
- Key feature 1
- Includes jojoba oil, green tea, aloe, and vitamins A, E, and B5
- 90-day money back guarantee
This nightly wrinkle cream will soften your skin’s wrinkles while firming it to better withstand the day-to-day damage it is sure to take.
- Available with supporting products for maximum results
- 1.7 fl oz
- Fragrance free
This wrinkle cream includes rosehip oil, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and Instanatural’s trademark formula of Detoskin to reduce the signs of aging in your skin.
- No parabens, synthetic dyes, petroleum, mineral oils or unsafe preservatives
- 1.7 fl oz
- Subscribe and Save for more savings
Not only does this anti-aging wrinkle have the kinds of ingredients you’d expect to reverse the signs of aging, the manufacturer has infused the cream with the calming scent of lavender.
- No parabens or harmful chemicals
- Made with hyaluronic acid, retinol, shea butter CoQ10, jojoba oil, and vitamins C and E
- 100-day money back guarantee
You can buy more and save with this wrinkle cream that has plenty of packaging options for bulk buys. Subscribe and save for even more savings.
- 2.5% retinol
- Includes hyaluronic acid, green tea, vitamin E, and jojoba oil
- Paraben and cruelty-free
In the manufacturer’s listing, they claim that 100% of women saw results of this anti-wrinkle cream in just one week.
- Includes hyaluronic acid and retinol
- 1 fl oz
- Night or day creams available
With nightly applications of this wrinkle cream your skin will visibly tighten and smooth quickly.
- Paraben and cruelty-free
- 2.25 fl oz
- Includes retinol, CoQ10, hyaluronic acid, and a variety of oils for maximum hydration