Nothing feels better than wrapping yourself up in a soft, warm, large bath towel after you relaxed in a long shower or bath. Maybe it’s time to replace your towels or you want to upgrade. But, you’ll find that it can be challenging to shop for bath towels online because it’s not like you can touch them or know exactly how they’ll fit you. You have to consider the fabric strength, absorbency, size, and drying time, along with any special features the towels could have like a hood or a higher thread count.
We reviewed dozens of bath towels to help you pick out the best option for your wants and needs. We searched through several categories including hooded, luxury, bamboo, and extra-large bath towels. We narrowed down our choices to the top five picks for the best bath towels on the current market.
The Utopia Bath Towel Set is a favorite when it comes to high-quality bath towels. Featuring thousands of reviews, the higher thread count and great absorbency rating, this bath towel is thousands of peoples’ first choice. It exists in bathrooms throughout the world.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Bath Towels
|Best Bath Towel Overall||Utopia 600 GSM Bath Towel Set||4.2|
|Best Bath Towel with High Absorbency||AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Bath Towels||4.4|
|Best Budget Bath Towel||Arkwright Chelsea Cotton Towel Set||4.0|
|Best Turkish Bath Towel||HABER Turkish Cotton Towels||4.2|
|Best Extra Large Bath Towel||Cotton Paradise Thick & Large Bath Sheet||4.5|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Bath Towel Overall: Utopia 600 GSM Towel Set
These soft and fluffy towels feature 100% pure cotton. The Utopia 600 GSM Towel Set is perfect whether you want to update your existing towels or add to your collection. This set comes with two bath towels, two hand towels, and four washcloths to help round out your collection. They have 100% ring spun cotton, and this gives the towels a softer feel against your skin while adding to their durability.
The eight different colors ranging from classic to bold allows these towels to fit perfectly in with your existing decor and compliment your decorating style. They can create an eye-catching highlight in your bathroom, or they can masterfully blend in.
These towels are very lightweight while retaining their durability, and they have a very low-shedding design. These towels will survive hundreds of wash cycles without losing their soft feel, and they’re easy to maintain. Simply toss them into the washing machine with a mild detergent before tumble drying.
You’ll get a very absorbent design with these towels, and they effectively draw water away from your body and lock it into the fabric. They have a terry weave texture that draws water from both sides and creates extra surfaces to get you completely dry.
Utopia 600 GSM Towel Set Key Features:
- 100% cotton with two-ply yarn
- Larger design at 54 by 27 inches
- Double-stitched hem finishing for durability
- Lightweight yet highly absorbent
- Comes in a complete set
- Small loops pull water in and lock it away
- Low shedding
Best Bath Towel with High Absorbency: AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Bath Towels
In our next spot, with a high absorbency level, we have the AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Bath Towels. Available in sets or singles in eight colors, these sleek towels boast a very durable design. The 100% cotton design adds to the tear-resistant strength these towels have, and this allows the towels to last for years without thinning, fraying, or forcing you to replace them.
There are a simple band and border detailing on these towels that add an attractive look when you hang them, and the towel is large enough for both adults and children at 54 by 30 inches. They’re lightweight without sacrificing absorbency, and they feature small loops that lock in moisture.
An OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory makes these towels, and this factor uses an independent certification system to ensure every towel they create meets or exceeds high environmental and safety standards. The lightweight design also makes them very fast to dry between uses. You can pop them into your washing machine to clean them and keep them looking like new.
No matter your decor, you’ll be able to find a towel that compliments it perfectly with these towels. They’ll look sleek and stylish in your bathroom all year round.
AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Bath Towel Key Features:
- Has a tear-resistant design
- 54 by 30 inches
- Quick-drying design for busy households
- 100% cotton
- Machine washable
- High softness rating
- Zero twist looped design
Best Budget Bath Towel: Arkwright Chelsea Cotton Towel Set
The Arkwright Chelsea Cotton Towel Set allows you to have the luxury of using premium towels without breaking your bank. Made of 100% premium-quality cotton, you’ll get a soft and plush feel each time you use this towel set. You get six towels per order, including two bath towels, two hand towels, and two face towels, and this allows you to replace your existing ones or add to them.
The flat Chevron design adds an elegant embellishment no matter if you want to hang your towels or fold them. The fibers also feature a special pattern that gives the towels a very plush and full look and feel. Additionally, the towel will even fluff up after the first wash and drying cycle to be even softer.
The four different colors allow you to seamlessly create a stunning look in your bathroom, and they can either complement your decor or add interesting pops of soft pastels. They’re quick-drying and designed to wick moisture away from your skin.
Arkwright Chelsea Cotton Towel Set Key Features:
- Plush design gets softer after each wash
- Comes with two bath towels, two hand towels, and two face towels
- Comes in soft pastel colors
- Chevron design and weave
- Thick and absorbent
- Larger size at 52 by 27 inches
Best Turkish Bath Towel: HABER Turkish Cotton Towels
This two-pack of HARBAR Turkish Cotton Towels comes in bath or beach towel sizes and 13 different colors. It has a 100% cotton fiber design that uses very lightweight cotton. This means that the towels are slightly thinner, but they’re very soft, absorbent, and durable. It’ll wick moisture away from your skin each time you use it while feeling luxuriously soft.
This is a multipurpose towel that you can use after the bath, at the spa, when you travel, or even as an accessory for your outfit like a scarf. The opti-weave design gives these towels are high-quality look with a soothing feel. Additionally, this weave and the cotton material allows this towel to breathe and dry very quickly between uses. This makes them excellent additions to busy households.
You can machine wash them in cold water before tumble drying to clean them between uses, and they’ll get softer after each wash. The towels also fold very flat, and this is excellent for people who have minimal storage space like in apartments. Measuring 60 inches by 30 inches for the bath towel and 68 inches by 37 inches for the beach towel, you’ll have more than enough towel to cover you when you need it. It’s soft enough to use on sensitive skin or on babies without causing irritation.
HARBAR Turkish Cotton Bath Towel Key Features:
- Multi-use towel
- Available in two larger sizes
- Skin sensitive fabric
- Uses 100% cotton with opti-weave
- Folds very flat
- Gets softer with each use and wash
- Has a quick-dry design and moisture-wicking fabric
Best Extra-Large Bath Towel: Cotton Paradise Thick & Large Bath Sheet
You’ll get a large 40 inch by 80 inch size when you choose Cotton Paradise’s Thick & Large Bath Sheets, and they feature 100% ringspun genuine cotton. They’re imported from Turkey and vat dyed to give you stunning colors in 13 different shades. They compliment a huge range of decors and styles, or you can use them to stand out and create a statement with a bold color.
The 100% genuine cotton fabric has a very plush and soft feel that easily wicks moisture away from your skin. Additionally, you have a large surface area on both sides with small loops that effectively pull moisture in. Each time you wash and dry these towels, they get much softer without losing their textile strength. This ensures that they’ll last through hundreds of uses without fraying or tearing.
There are no synthetic materials or chemicals in these towels, and this makes them safer for the entire family to use. You can use them at home, at the gym, at the beach, or at the spa without a problem.
Cotton Paradise Thick and Large Bath Sheet Key Features:
- Extra-large 40 by 80 inch design
- Available in 13 different shades
- Softens with each wash
- 100% genuine cotton
- No synthetic materials
- No chemicals
- Multi-use design
Who Should Buy a Bath Towel
Bath towels are necessary items in every household, and they make great housewarming gifts. They’re an item you’ll use each time you go swimming, take a shower, or relax in a bath. Maybe you want to treat yourself and add a touch of luxury to your bathroom. A thick and plush bath towel is a quick and effective way to accomplish this.
If you want to update your decor without breaking your budget, bath towels are a great way to add pops of cheerful color or understated elegance to any bathroom. Anyone who has worn-out towels that fray, have holes, or don’t wick moisture away can benefit from a new bath towel set.
They’re a very practical item, and you’ll need more if you have a large or busy household. Mixing and matching the different types of bath towels allow you to use them for multiple situations. They’re helpful for cleaning up messes as well.
If you’re looking for basic towels to round out your collection or replace worn out ones, choose a basic bath towel that is soft enough for everyday use while remaining durable. Basic bath towels are usually less fluffy, but they do their job well enough. People who want a more luxurious feel will benefit from spending a little more and getting a higher thread count.
If you’re looking for other new bathroom products, then you may be interested in The Best Bathroom Scales and if you’re looking for the highest quality shampoo, then check out The Best Shampoo For Men.
Important Features to Consider
When you’re looking for the best bath towel, choose one that has a high durability rating that doesn’t sacrifice softness. Here are the important features you want to consider when you pick out your next bath towel:
- GSM. GSM stands for grams per square meter, and this is a measurement of the towel’s density. Sheets have thread counts and bath towels have GSM. The higher this number is, the more absorbent, heavier, and softer the towel will be. Also, towels with a higher GSM will be more expensive. This number starts at 300 and goes up to 900. Towels with a 300 to 400 GSM rating do well for gym towels because they’re very coarse. A lot of beach towels or bath towels range from 400 to 620 GSM, and high-end luxury towels range from 620 to 900 GSM.
- Fabric. There are several fabric options available with bath towels. Polyester works best for gym or kitchen towels because it doesn’t dry fast and it’s not very absorbent. Supima cotton has long fibers that make your bath towels very absorbent, soft, and full. Egyptian or Turkish cotton are luxurious, soft, and they wick moisture away from your skin very well, but they’re very expensive. Bamboo is another environmentally-friendly fabric that wicks moisture away quickly.
- Ease of care. Some towels shed a lot and some don’t. You also have to be very careful how you wash and dry certain sets of bath towels to keep them looking and feeling their best. Double-check how the manufacturer recommends you take care of the different bath towels. Some require several steps and specific settings while others are easier.
- Durability. The thicker your towel is, the tighter the weave will be. This makes them more durable over other towels. You want to pick out the most durable towels available because they won’t tear or fray with repeated use for a long time. Additionally, it’ll save you money in the long run if you buy more durable towels because you won’t have to replace them as often.
- Drying time. Ideally, you want your towels to dry as quickly as possible between uses. Certain fabrics like cotton or bamboo will dry much quicker than polyester. The quicker your towels dry, the fewer chances you have of them developing mildew. Thicker and tightly packed loops will wick away more moisture before releasing it into the air and drying the towel.
- Absorbency. Heavier and thicker towels are more absorbent than lighter and thinner towels. However, they do take longer to dry than the thinner towels. Premium cotton, Turkish or Egyptian cotton towels, or bamboo are super absorbent options. Towels that feature Rayon absorb even more water than you’d get with premium cotton towels.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size is the standard bath towel?
The standard size for the everyday bath towel is 27 inches by 52 inches. They fit wonderfully in commercial washers and dryers, and they give you enough fabric to dry yourself when you need them. If you buy a bath sheet, they’re slightly larger at 35 inches by 60 inches.
How many bath towels do I need?
The rule of thumb is to have at least three sets of bath towels in your home. Each set should have one bath towel, one hand towel, and one washcloth. This way, you’ll be able to have one hanging in the bathroom, one in the linen closet, and one in the laundry. If you have a large household, you may want to have six sets or more.
What type of towels do hotels use?
Most hotels use cotton towels because they’re absorbent and super-strong. A lot of hotels also use blended towels that incorporate cotton, polyester, and bamboo. You’ll typically see two bath towels, two hand towels, two washcloths plus a bath mat when you check in. They have slightly bigger pool towels as well that use 100% cotton.
How often should you replace your bath towels?
Bath towels can last you for years, especially if you rotate them in and out of use. Ideally, you should replace your bath towels every two or three years. If they fray or tear before this time, you’ll have to replace them sooner rather than later.
Other Bath Towels We Reviewed
We reviewed 20 other bath towels. Even though they didn’t make our top 5 best bath towel list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a fantastic option for your home. We included all of the information you’ll need to compare each one in the listings.
Hooded Bath Towels
This 100% cotton hooded bath towel comes in 14 designs, and it has a super-soft cotton material that feels soft on the skin. It’s super absorbent and easy to care for.
- Fun and versatile design
- Big enough for kids aged 3 to 7
- Color won’t fade with washing
Your child will love this premium soft cotton animal hooded bath towel, and it fits babies and children up to six years old. It’s machine washable, and you get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very absorbent
- Easy to care for between uses
- Fits babies up to six years old
Wrap your baby in a super soft and absorbent towel made of 70% bamboo and 30% cotton. This towel comes certified as being eco-friendly, and the hood has a unique center placement.
- Center placed hood maximizes surface area
- Has tie straps by the neck
- Uses eco-friendly and antibacterial materials
The extra-long fiber on this hooded bath towel provides excellent moisture-wicking capability. The towel has closure snaps to keep you warmer when you use it, and it fits kids up to seven years old.
- Available in 17 different patterns
- Has snaps to keep the towel closed
- Gets softer with every wash
This hooded towel features 100% soft terry-cotton fabric with a tight weave that will last for years. It fits teens and adults, and it comes with an eye-catching navy trim.
- 70 by 35 inches
- Terry-cloth cotton
- Colorful navy ribbon
Bamboo Bath Towels
You’ll get a blend of high-quality cotton and bamboo with this towel set that boosts the absorbency and softness. It’s antibacterial, antifungal, odor-resistant, and these towels have a very high durability rating.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Very soft and thick
- Leaves minimal lint residue
These towels feature premium-quality bamboo that are uniquely lightweight without sacrificing durability. You get three towel per pack, and the towels get softer as you use and clean them.
- 100% non-toxic and antifungal
- Comes in a three pack
- 27.6 by 55.1 inches big
These towels resist shrinkage and piling, and they have a mix of 90% bamboo with 10% cotton. It’s 3 to 4 times more absorbent than other materials, and the organic dyes are perfect for sensitive skin.
- 27 inches by 54 inches
- Uses organic dyes for sensitive skin
- Comes with a laundry bag
You’ll get excellent water absorption capabilities with these towels, and they have a very soft and delicate feel. The towels have natural materials that are very durable and resistant to odors.
- 27 inches by 55 inches
- Has a very delicate and soft feel
- Made with natural materials
This bamboo and microfiber bath towel is exceptionally soft, and it has excellent moisture-wicking capabilities. It’s lightweight, folds to a compact size, and you’ll be able to pat yourself dry instead of wipe with it.
- Microfiber and bamboo composition
- Folds to a compact size
- 59 inches by 27 inches
Luxury Bath Towels
These 100% Turkish cotton bath towels are extremely plush and luxurious, and they retain their shape and appearance with repeated use. They’re spa-grade, oversized, and very easy to care for.
- 100% Turkish cotton with a tight weave
- Hotel and spa-grade
- Easy to maintain
Made of 100% ringspun Turkish cotton, these luxurious towels are thick, heavy, and eco-friendly. There are no harmful chemicals, and they’re resistant to mildew, bacteria, fungus, and other odors.
- Get four in an order
- 100% ringspun Turkish cotton
- 14 colors available
These towels have a thick and absorbent pile that is very soft to the touch, and they have a very colorful design. They’re eco-friendly and you get a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Has a Lurex embroidered dobby design
- VAT dyed for bright colors
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
You’ll get aqua fibro plush technology with these towels that creates a fluffier, softer, and more absorbent towel. They have 100% Aegean Turkish cotton with an eye-catching damask pattern.
- Uses non-GMO cotton
- 100% Aegean Turkish cotton
- 11 color options available
These towels have 900 GSM, and this makes them very dense, heavy, fluffy, and moisture-wicking. They’re shrink and fade-resistant, and they utilize 100% authentic Egyptian cotton in their design for added durability.
- Uses long staple Egyptian cotton
- 900 GSM quality
- 30 inches by 55 inches
Extra-Large Bath Towels
Featuring 100% Turkish cotton, these large bath towels are super absorbent and are 27 by 54 inches. The hems have double stitching for added durability, and they have a very soft and fluffy design.
- Imported from Turkey
- Vat dyed to retain a bright color
- Double stitching on the hems for durability
You’ll get a 700 GSM luxury cotton with this towel, and it uses 100% ringspun cotton. There are no synthetic dyes or chemicals, and this towel utilizes natural fabrics.
- Uses 100% imported cotton
- No chemicals or synthetic fibers
- 700 GSM
This towel has a lightweight feel with a high absorbency level, and it has 100% cotton. The simple band border adds durability, and the textiles meet both environmental and safety standards.
- 100% cotton for tear-resistance
- Available in eight colors
- Quick-dry design
Measuring 40 by 80 inches, this oversized bath sheet features 100% cotton imported from Turkey. The long Turkish cotton increases the absorbency level, and the hems have double-stitching for added durability.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Eco-friendly with no chemicals
- 40 inches by 80 inches
Woven with 100% ringspun cotton of the highest quality, and you get four towels in every order. It has 500 GSM, and it’s a hypoallergenic fiber with long-lasting fade resistance.
- Breathable and quick-drying
- 27 inches by 54 inches
- 100% cotton terry